Welcome To Hair, Heels, and Hearts

As you navigate through the site, please take time to comment on the posts and vote in the weekly survey. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to visit and please come back soon.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Candy and Flowers

As Valentine's Day approaches, advertisements are everywhere for gift ideas. Traditionally, candy and flowers are very popular choices.  Do you have a preference for what you like to give or receive to celebrate the occasion?  Florists will probably deliver a lot of roses and stores are likely to sell plenty of boxes of chocolates.  These items are symbolic of appreciation and affection.  What can you do to show these attributes when there is no date on the calendar to prompt you to do it? 

Candy - Often times a box of chocolates will have different fillings in their centers.  There may be a variety of sweet cream, caramel, and coconut selections.  You may eat your favorites and give the others away.  People also have different flavors, or desires, at their core. You demonstrate what others mean to you when you notice what is important to them.  Successful relationships, or interactions, require give and take.  Cook a friend's favorite dish or make a donation to a loved one's charity of choice. It doesn't have to be anything big.  It really is the thought that counts. 

Flowers - In the garden of possibilities, dreams and intentions need to be watered with actions.  Productivity blossoms when short term milestones are reached.  Actions definitely speak louder than words.  When others believe that you care how they feel, they are more receptive to your suggestions.  Treat your family to a dozen r.o.s.e.s. (rounds of special event sessions).  Once a month, let a different person choose an outing that will make them happy but requires willing participation from you and the other family members.  Your close friends may enjoy a bouquet of l.i.l.i.e.s. (lunch invitation labeling them important and extra special).  Of course, you have to follow through on the key words.  Pick them up to make them feel important.  Make reservations at a place you know that they love but may not go to on a regular basis.  Give them an extra special experience that they will remember.

Leave a comment and share how you will distribute candy and flowers this week.

3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying reading your blog. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents' anniversary is 2 days before Valentine’s Day, and though I loathe the holiday, I enjoy spoiling my parents on their special day. This year marks 39 years and the first without well wishes from my Grandparents. Gramps was called home barely 3months ago and Grandma just 22 months before. I will always love them and I miss them deeply, and now it is time for my Mother to get out and enjoy the blessed life she has. For over two years, she's been by the phone, doing research on their ailments, trying to find ways to help them from a distance. It's been emotionally draining to see her fight so hard on their behalf. God is merciful and He has relieved us all of our suffering--Grandma and Gramps are no longer in pain, fighting illness after illness, and my Mother is free to be free again. For their anniversary, I'm taking them out for a night on the town. She deserves to get out and be free, and Daddy deserves it too because of his unwavering and endless support. I love my parents to pieces and hope that I am as good a child to them as they were (are) to my Grandparents.

    RAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week I will spoil my own Pre-Valentine's Baby! I was blessed to have my baby 14 years ago on the 12th and just as her birth date is special to me she is equally special. Each day I ask how was lunch today and she says it was good and I'll say I packed it with love. Love the core to what makes me want to kiss her when I see her or makes me go to her room in the middle of the night to insure she is okay...Same as the love that my Father has for me when he placed me in a place and made sure that I was surrounded by great people that would love me and care about me when family is not around...This week I'll celebrate and distribute candy to the wonderful people that surrounds me... WMG

    ReplyDelete