Welcome To Hair, Heels, and Hearts

As you navigate through the site, please take time to comment on the posts and vote in the weekly survey. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to visit and please come back soon.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Three Clicks

Are you a fan of classic movies?  Examples include Gone With the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, and The Color Purple.  These films are enjoyed by multiple generations and become a part of the popular culture.  There are usually memorable lines that become familiar quotes.  In The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy is told to click her heels three times and repeat the phrase "there's no place like home".  She woke up back in Kansas, which is where she wanted to go.  Do you feel like you have been wandering around without direction for a while?  You may not be trying to get to a physical home.  Your desired destination may be another place.  However, you can follow Dorothy's example and click your heels three times.

Click 1 (H) -  Telephone - Disconnect any call (habit) that hinders your ability to hit your targets.  Do your best to handle praise with humility and criticism with grace.  Hone your skills with practice.  Do your homework.        

Click 2 (EE) - Door Lock - When you turn the key or press your remote, the audible click lets you know that the door is unlocked and can be opened. Open doors allow entries and exits.  Your environment will be a key factor in determining whether you want to go in or out of the door. 

Click 3 (L) - Pen or Pencil - Writing tools may click when the tip is extended for use.  The sound indicates readiness for the next step.   Listen for the cues that signal that it is time for you to progress to a new level.   Locate your limits and learn how to use them to your advantage. 

Where do you want to go?  What are you trying to accomplish?  Leave a comment and share the clicks that will help you this week. 

4 comments:

  1. I will be clicking #1(H),this week while trying to reach some of my personal and professional destinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too will be working on the "H" in my life this week and disconnecting from those things which are hindering me and doing my homework to improve upon the things that I can control. Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Click 3 will be my motivator for this week. Cues are already evident and I need to locate my new level to progress to. I have reached my limits and will take advantage of other opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Click 2(EE) for me! Entries and Exits excites me…it lets me know that just as I walk into a place, situation or circumstance I have the assurance that I can and the ability to …walk out(exit) the same way!
    How awesome it is to know that I don’t have to stay anywhere I'm not happy and that there are great opportunities waiting for me to walk through their doors! WMG votes for double “E”!

    ReplyDelete