Welcome To Hair, Heels, and Hearts

As you navigate through the site, please take time to comment on the posts and vote in the weekly survey. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to visit and please come back soon.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Thick and Thin

How do you measure relationships?  Do you have different categories for your friends and family?  You may hear someone refer to some of their friends as people who will stick with them through thick and thin.  It is comforting to receive unconditional love from those who are closest to you.  However, don't discount those folks that only fit in either the thick or thin group.  Everyone is not equipped to go through your crises and dilemmas with you.  Some people may be better suited for leisure and celebration activities.  Call them when you want to see a movie, have lunch, or get your nails done.  Then there are the people who function best when confronted with chaos and despair.  They may not fit well with your fun and festive group.   It's okay to have a diverse circle of friends.  Looking at how hair may be thick or thin can illustrate the point.

Thick hair can be tangled and hard to manage.  Similarly, there are situations in life that are difficult for you to handle.  Reach out to those connections that can help you cope and endure troubling times.  People on your thick list will be patient, focused, and observant.  They listen with purpose and provide a safe place for you to work through your issues.

Thin hair might have gaps that require coverage.  Some people use wigs, toupees, ponytails, or weaves to create a fuller look.  The folks on your thin list can serve a similar role.  You want to associate with people that add volume and depth to areas where you may need some help.  Form alliances that can help you work on your weaknesses as well as highlight your strengths.

Do you know who will be with you through thick and thin?  Let them know that they are appreciated.  Leave a comment and share how you have benefited from both thick and thin support.




2 comments:

  1. I appreciate this blog! It never fails to relate to whatever situation I may find myself in for the week. It's so funny because this weekend I was having a bad hair day and wished I was one that wears wigs or a hair piece so that people couldn't identify that things weren't going so well in the hair department. Since I don’t I decided to work with what I have and created a good old fashion ponytail. So whoever saw me had to accept me bad hair and all... the thick and the thin and I mean it's thick. I have been blessed to have wonderful people in my life. I must admit I am not always a saint but I have great people in my life that accepts me for whom and what I am. There are ones that are my confidants and keep me straight, those that know my needs encourage me to shot for the moon and keep reminding me that the sky is the limit and those that all though we see each other only on special occasions I am so happy to see them and it's just like we talk every day. I am thankful that I have wonderful people in my life and thankful for my friend that wrote this blog!!! WMG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy this blog because I have a chance to talk about how a great friendship is priceless. It gives me the opportunity to express my friendship about a truly good friend. She was the friend that lifted my spirits, made me laugh, reminded me of my shortcomings but loved me just the same. She wouldn't lie to me, but she wouldn't try and hurt my feelings either. As a result, I knew where I stood with my friend and would not be afraid to share my true opinions. A healthy friendship has a large degree of trust. Unfortunately, my dear friend of twenty years passed three years ago of cancer and for a while it left a large void in my life. Since I have a wonderful loving family that loves me regardless of my faults, it keeps me healthy, but I will always remember my best friend who was real, honest and priceless. GTW

    ReplyDelete