Welcome To Hair, Heels, and Hearts

As you navigate through the site, please take time to comment on the posts and vote in the weekly survey. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to visit and please come back soon.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

BOGO

The term "BOGO" is commonly used in retail adverstisements to indicate that if you buy one product, you could get another one free or for half price.  Often the product involved is shoes, but it could also be grocery items, clothing, eyeglasses, or other consumer goods.  The attraction is that it is better to have two of something, especially if you can get the second one for free or at a reduced cost.  BOGO can be used as an acronym for other things.  Apply your own meaning to the letters to make them applicable to you.  You can think of BOGO as one of the following:

  • Back Off Get On
    • Back off of habits that continue to get you off track.  Decide where you want to go and plan the route to get there.  Get on the path that is marked with landmarks to let you know you are going in the right direction.
  • Break Out Get Over
    • Break out of your shell, or comfort zone, to explore new opportunities.  Change can be a good thing.  Get over self-imposed hurdles that can hinder you.
  • Be Objective Grade Options
    • Be objective when presented with alternatives for your next move.  Grade options based on how they can contribute to your long term goals, not just on the immediate impact.

Leave a comment and share which of the BOGO meanings above is most relevant to you this week.

    1 comment:

    1. This week my focus will Be Objective Grade Options…when I was younger I was guilty of taking the quick fix not thinking or even caring about the long term as a result I made some wrong turns not paying any attention or even adhering to the detour signs(warnings!!!) in the road. I wanted what I could see not thinking about what would be ahead… thinking “oh I can handle it” But now I have to strategically think as a result I am more open to alternatives and will entertain them to make sure that my next move is directly related to my desired result! Now I take more time. One may say time is money or I don’t have time to waste but now that I’m older I realize it’s true I don’t have time to waste but I must take time to consider opportunities that present its self otherwise I could still lose money or even be old and trying to start all over… Who wants that? If or when alternatives are presented that could potentially contribute to my meeting my long term goals, I am going to take some time this week to entertain them. What I do now directly affects my tomorrow. What a way to start my day! Thanks…. WMG

      ReplyDelete