Welcome To Hair, Heels, and Hearts

As you navigate through the site, please take time to comment on the posts and vote in the weekly survey. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to visit and please come back soon.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Nice Pair of Pumps

Your feet are a key component to your mobility.  They can take you in the direction you want to go.  You get better results from them when they are covered with the right heels.  Isn't it a great feeling when you find the perfect shoes to go with an outfit?  This week we will take a look at what a nice pair of pumps (gas and tire) can do for you.

Gas Pump - There has been discussion in the news recently regarding the rising cost of fuel at the pump.  Some analysts are predicting that we may pay as much as $5.00 per gallon.  Let's hope that does not happen.  The good news is that your pump, or experience, dispenses growth, advantages, and strength.  As your confidence and comprehension grows, you will recognize the advantages you have that make you strong enough to endure challenging circumstances.   Try to fill up each time that you go to the pump

Tire Pump - A flat tire will hinder your progress.  In order to prevent this from happening, the tire needs to be filled with the proper amount of air.  The tire is representative of your enthusiasm, or zeal, for what you are doing.  You need a pump that will inflate it with visible results and milestone recognitions.  When you can see that what you are doing is working, it helps you to keep going.  Take the time to celebrate your short term victories.  You have earned the right to pat yourself on the pack periodically.   Remember to set realistic expectations so that you are not continually frustrated.

Do you have a nice pair of pumps in your closet?  Leave a comment and share which ones you will wear this week.

4 comments:

  1. This was so helpful for me. From time to time, I get so caught up in what I did not accomplish that I fail to recognize what I did! It's time for me to celebrate me this week and what God has allowed me to accomplish. Thank you for your encouragement!! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my pair of pumps and after reading this post I plan to dust them off and remove them from the closet. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you make me really think about common things in a new light. I love pumps of all kind and always have a pair close by. Thank you for the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the analogy that you used. It made me look at my shoes in a whole new light. I could really relate to tire pump and celebrating yourself when due. I truely enjoy these words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete